Saturday, November 20, 2010

I just changed the sparkplugs and wireset to my 93, explorer.need help?

it makes a small pop and pulls me back when i reach 60 mph .does anybody have info on how exactly the wiresets run from the distributer to the motor on the driver side?any onfo please.I just changed the sparkplugs and wireset to my 93, explorer.need help?
You may not have the wires on exactly right. You are to take one wire off and replace it then the next wire replace it and so on so that you don't get the wires mixed up. And the wires won't be exactly the same length, just find the one that is closest in length to the one you removed. Make sure the spark plugs get in tight and the wires are seated properly on the plug. Good Luck!I just changed the sparkplugs and wireset to my 93, explorer.need help?
If it sounds good and runs 60, you probably have the firing order correct. You may have bumped one of the plugs and changed the gap. I would pull them out, regap and be sure the wires are on tight.