Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How much does a a tuneup for a 2000 honda accord cost? I have some large varied quotes.?

I jave a 2000 4 cylinder honda accord. This is my first time to get a tuneup on a honda accord, i took it to the dealer and they said they dont do tuneups, but do service plans that includes other stuff which would cost me $399 for and if it needs spark plugs it would be an additional $300, total 699. I've had cars before and done tuneups and only cost me like 50.00. I went to an independant auto service place, and they quoted me 60.00 and 90.00 with top of the line platinum sparkplugs. Why is there so much difference? I've never done a tuneup on a honda. Any one what have any of you paid for a tuneup or change of spark plugs if you have a honda? these seems very expensive and a big price gap.How much does a a tuneup for a 2000 honda accord cost? I have some large varied quotes.?
First off Never go to dealer for things you can do youself and a dealer that says they dont do tune-ups but want to sell u a service plan is B.S all that means is they want to get 4 times the money to do a simple tune-up. At very least they should Sell a basic Tune and then if they want to rip u off try to sell u the plan but to not give u an option i wouldnt let them put air in my tires again if U. Cost of a tunes depends on what all you want the tune to include Where i work we have options Basic tune is PLugs clean Throttle body set timing air filter. Your car about $100 est. Major tune is all from basic + wires cap rotor fuel filter about $250 but do it your self in you need info to do email me kmp1171@att.netHow much does a a tuneup for a 2000 honda accord cost? I have some large varied quotes.?
oh my ****** god dude

go spend like a fraction on the oil and spark plugs and oil filter and all that crap and go google %26quot;How to perform a tune-up%26quot; on google and read up



you can save yourself thousandsHow much does a a tuneup for a 2000 honda accord cost? I have some large varied quotes.?
I used to have a honda civic by the way, they are a great car. I would buy the best things and I would spend around 40-50 dollars..Its easy to do a tune up..I would recommend that you should do it yourself so you can have the extra money...I WOULD NEVER SERVICE MY VEHICLES ON A DEALER, THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!!!!!How much does a a tuneup for a 2000 honda accord cost? I have some large varied quotes.?
agreed dont go to delership go to a small time mechanic shop if you cant do it your self, pay no more than 40 when u buy the parts at most, also cheap spark plugs are just as good plus if you buy the parts before you bring then to the mechanic itll be even cheaper.GOOD TIP - rub some oil on your hands wear some ripped up dirty jeans and maybe a lil on the face walk in like you own the place with the parts and say %26quot;I NEED THESE PUT IN THATS IT%26quot;wait for him to offer you a price. for the parts go to autozone tell the what kinda car you got and what u need and theyll hook you up but even the try to give u the most expensive parts cuz they make more commission so tell them U want the least expensive

P.S

Sparkplugs 1.99 eachHow much does a a tuneup for a 2000 honda accord cost? I have some large varied quotes.?
If you can just get someone to replace plugs and wires,check or replace the dist, cap and replace belts if needed. Should cost about fifty if you do it on at the most about 150.00 if you take it someplace. My advice is keep the oil changed and if it aint broke dont fix it