Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I find were the sparkplugs are on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0,24 valve,duretec motor.?

can't see were sparkplugs are to change sparkplug wires . help!How do I find were the sparkplugs are on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0,24 valve,duretec motor.?
You may have coil over plugs you wont have any %26quot;Plug Wires%26quot; you will see small round %26quot;cap%26quot; looking things where the plugs would be with small wires coming out the top , your plugs are under those , you need to unbolt them lift them up and there is a rubber %26quot;BOOT%26quot; your plugs are hiding under those , if that's how your car is set up . thats how my 98 Lincoln is set upHow do I find were the sparkplugs are on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0,24 valve,duretec motor.?
Intake plenum may have to be removed to access the plugs and wires.How do I find were the sparkplugs are on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0,24 valve,duretec motor.?
Might be best to have someone help you.How do I find were the sparkplugs are on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0,24 valve,duretec motor.?
You SHOULD be able to see the spark plug wires at least. On this particular engine, for access to cylinder numbers 1, 2, and 3, requires removal of the upper intake plenum. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward on the vehicle. Hope this helps.How do I find were the sparkplugs are on my 2000 mercury sable 3.0,24 valve,duretec motor.?
Ok this engine is almost definitely a %26quot;distributorless ignition system%26quot; (DIS) so it's not gonna look traditional. That being said the ignition wires may be hard to discern, they may not even be %26quot;wires%26quot;(could be hardwired). Why are you replacing these anyway? On most DIS cars the %26quot;wires%26quot; will last a long time (100,000 miles or more), and if you were replacing them you should be doing the plugs as well. Sparkplugs are always on %26quot;top%26quot; of the engine heads; they should be easy to find if you know what you are looking for, but they may be hard to get to. Anyway if you've found the plugs, then you've found the wires and vise versa. No offense, it sounds like you're not sure what you're looking for or at. Make sure you're not doing unnecesary repairs. Hope this helps.