Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change Sparkplugs on a 99 Plymoth/Dodge Grand Caravan (6cylinder 3.3)?

Anyone now an easy way, besides taking it to the dealer? The back plugs are the problem. Haynes manual doesn't work to good.How do I change Sparkplugs on a 99 Plymoth/Dodge Grand Caravan (6cylinder 3.3)?
Sometimes if you can't find a combination of wrench types and extensions, sockets etc to get good leverage on them, you can remove the intake manifold and do other EGR cleaning work while you have it off. Search for your vehicle on http://www.autorepair.about.com and you might find it by chance or maybe in a Plymouth/Dodge car forum of owner's (search Dodge or Plymouth auto forums).How do I change Sparkplugs on a 99 Plymoth/Dodge Grand Caravan (6cylinder 3.3)?
they are extremal hard, i use a lift and get them from underneath, but I'm 6f6in and can reach them, you can get them motor to move forward enough to reach around the alt but its hard. lotta extra work but if you take off the alt you can get to them easyHow do I change Sparkplugs on a 99 Plymoth/Dodge Grand Caravan (6cylinder 3.3)?
I hate these pigs. The only way I can do it is from underneath. Other than that you gotta pull the motor. thats why most tune ups only get the front ones done. Good luck and have fun