Saturday, November 20, 2010

I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT 6cyl 3.4 liter engine. Service engine soon light keeps coming back on?

The service engine soon light keeps coming back on. The code reads multiple random cylinder misfire. I have changed the SparkPlugs and wires. I have also checked the ignition packs and ignition module...those were fine. I have replaced the crank position sensor also. The light comes back on periodically and randomly. The engine makes a slight ticking and tapping noise at idle also. Any ideas what the problem is or how to fix it?I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT 6cyl 3.4 liter engine. Service engine soon light keeps coming back on?
well you can try to clean your O2 censor its behind your airfilter, and dissconet your battery termanl and that will reset your ECU/ onbord computer unit, if that doest work you can try chaging the oli sometimes that can do it, if all fails run a diagnostic on it. I think advanced auto will let you borow one for free.