Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I get to the spark plugs on a 2000 Firebird 3.8L V6.?

I am trying to change the sparkplugs on my 2000 firebird. Could someone describe the best way to access the plugs to replace them. If you have pictures it would help. Thanks!How do I get to the spark plugs on a 2000 Firebird 3.8L V6.?
Although I don't have illustrations, the best two things to have are a socket wrench with a head that can angle back and forth, and at least another universal joint - along with a good assortment of extensions.



If you have a good set of sockets with the bolt-shaped back end, you can also consider using a box wrench to get the socket in on a couple of the plugs where you can't get clearance behind the socket for the ratchet.



They're a bear to get to, but its do-able. After doing an LT1, the 3.8 is like playing with kindergarten blocks!