Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I improve the power output for my 2003 Honda Ruckus Scooter?

My Honda Ruckus just doesn't have the power it use to especially going up hills. I've changed all the filters, oil, sparkplug and added high octane fuel. Could it be the carb or a loose chain?

W.How do I improve the power output for my 2003 Honda Ruckus Scooter?
Sounds like your Piston ring might be getting worn, Maybe it's time to get a compression checker and find out(Worst case). Is there any Smoke? Blue? Black? White? None? Be careful with the high Octane Fuel. (Best Possibility)Plus, are you using 100% gas? or That Ethanol crap? I accidentally put that crap in the 89 Chevy and it ran like a dog for a week till i burned through it. I had to clean my carb like 4 times. Stuffs Nasty on the fuel system. Also make sure none of your fuel lines have leaks, might be sucking in air through them. I'd start with the type of gas. Then Go to the Compression check. It's easy and cheap to do.

Give me a holler if you need more help.