Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I tune up my Onan Microlite 4000 generator?

Do i just change the oil and sparkplugs? or is there something more that i have to do?How do I tune up my Onan Microlite 4000 generator?
I believe that the gas does not stay right at the fuel pump for that period of time. My generator does the same thing as you stated. If I go out the next day it starts fine. In your Onan manual they describe how to prime your generator before starting if it has been sitting. It recommends to hold the switch in the stop position for a few seconds to prime the unit.How do I tune up my Onan Microlite 4000 generator?
Right off the bat you have my respect.



Very few people think of changing the oil in small utility engines.



I'm not familiar specifically with the Onan Microlite generator. I don't know if you're dealing with an antique that's 50 years old, or the latest greatest thing that just rolled off the assembly line.



If it has an old Briggs %26amp; Stratton, the points are underneath the flywheel The flywheel is on a conical shaft with a key in a groove. It can be a bit tough to get off if you don't have a wheel puller, but once you get it off, you can surface and gap the points like you would on a Chevy. 16 thousands clearance will do. The factory spec is probably different, but I've never bothered to look into it.



If it's a modern machine, it's probably electronic ignition, and it won't need attention . . . ever. Just change out the plugs . . . and the oil.

.
  • grey hair
  • natural hair
  •